9/27/2006

Star Date 9.27.06



{A Native American grandfather was talking to his grandson about how he felt about a tragedy. He said, "I feel as though I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is vengeful, angry and violent. The other is loving, compassionate and forgiving."

The grandson asked, "Which wolf will win the fight in your heart?"

The grandfather said, "The one I feed." }

I have no idea who's word painting this is but, a friend sent it to me a few years ago when I truly needed it.

This is one of the paintings I'm working on now, my interpretation of the words anyway.

The words ring true to me, but in a different way. For me, it's not a matter of which wolf I feed, without both wolves there would be no balance, it's what and how i feed them. I've learned to try and feed them both understanding, offered with a gentle hand.

My interpretation of Two Wolves is an Elder passing down the lesson of balance to a Child Soul. I see color when I read or hear or think certain things, with Two Wolves story I see mostly greens and blue-greens.

I have an oddly wired brain :)

And, even a mirror has two sides.

Namaste,
Juli

No comments: